Outreach and Literacy Services
Oakwood understands the importance of early intervention and the science behind accurate and quality reading instruction. For over 50 years Oakwood School has inspired students and families to gain confidence in their learning and access tools and strategies to help themselves advocate in classrooms and workplaces around the country.
Our Outreach and Literacy services are designed to support students struggling with reading or writing without requiring enrollment in our school.
Support and Services for Individual Students and Families:
- Dyslexia Screening
- In-Depth Literacy Assessment
- Recommendations for Early Reading Intervention and Remediation
- Interpret Student Records, Reports, Testing
- Recommendations for IEP Accommodations, Goals, and Services
- IDEA Regulation & Eligibility Guidance for students with Specific Learning Disabilities
- Support for families engaged in IEP Meetings and School Conferences
These assessments are not a substitute for a full psycho-educational evaluation. A diagnosis will not be given during this process.
Support and Services for Teachers, Schools, and Education Partners:
- Professional Development Workshops
- In-Depth Literacy Assessments and Dyslexia Screenings for Students
- Presentations and Workshops for Families
- Dyslexia Simulation Workshop