A COMPLETE OAKWOOD APPLICATION WILL INCLUDE:
- A completed Admissions Application - click here
- Copies of the most recent psycho-educational evaluation, speech and language evaluation, and occupational therapy evaluation.
- Progress reports from all current therapists, counselors and/or tutors
- A current report card
- IEP (Individual Educational Plan) or 504 Plan, if available
- Signed Records & Contact Release Form
- A recent photo of your applicant
- The $50 Review Fee made payable to Oakwood School
Do not submit original copies of reports or documents.
Please send your completed application to:
7210 Braddock Road
Annandale, VA 22003
When all materials listed above have been received, the application is considered complete and will be carefully reviewed by our Admissions Team.
If the Admissions Team believes your student will benefit from our program and an appropriate opening is available, s/he will be invited for an Educational Evaluation. During the Educational Evaluation the potential candidate will participate in an interview with the Admissions Director, have an opportunity to tour the school meeting students and staff and complete placement testing with members of the Admissions Team. At the follow-up consultation parents are provided with the results of the evaluation and a final recommendation on placement is made. Acceptance packages are offered during the follow-up consultation to students for whom Oakwood School is deemed an appropriate placement.
There is a $300 fee for the Educational Evaluation and subsequent consultation.