Oakwood School is a private elementary and middle school for students with learning disabilities in Annandale, VA.
- Small class size, between 8-13 students.
- Every Lead Classroom Teacher is licensed by the Virginia Department of Education and has a specific endorsement in learning disabilities.
- Most highly credentialed teaching faculty of any LD school in the DC area.
- Adaptive Physical Education instruction 4 days per week.
- Enriching classes in Art and Music.
- Multisensory instruction to accommodate various learning styles.
- Research-based phonetic reading program.
- Use of technology to enhance instruction.
- Speech/Language Therapy and Occupational Therapy are available on-site on a contractual basis.
- Social Skills lessons in all classes: pragmatic language classes for younger students.
- Social Studies and Science incorporate study skills and hands-on activities.
Oakwood is an excellent educational experience for any student. - Former Parent